A column in The Wall Street Journal explores the new rules of cannabis at work. While questions like ‘Is it ever OK to get stoned with a colleague?’ are moot for many WeedWeek readers, choice nugs abound.
The Man is a bit groovier than he used to be. A few takeaways from behind the paywall:
- Companies seem more willing to acknowledge the likelihood that an applicant has tried cannabis in the past, even been an enthusiast.
- …But they may still require a drug test.
- Don’t expect to get high around heavy machinery.
- “Greater workplace acceptance…can also mean having to listen to co-workers share details of their pot habits.”
- HR shop Vangst, PR shop Mattio Communications and probably lots of other places, have hosted stony digital bonding sessions for employees.
- Involving cannabis in work life “can be a more loaded proposition for people of color.”