- TerrAscend has quietly built up operations in Maryland, New Jersey, California and Pennsylvania as well as Canada.
- Wall Street analysts generally applauded the all stock deal which will make the company a major competitor to MSOs Curaleaf and Cresco Labs in Michigan.
In more retail deal news:
- Mega dispensary Planet 13 arrived in Florida with the $55M purchase of a subsidiary of MSO Harvest.
- MSO Green Thumb expanded its retail presence in Massachusetts with the acquisition of two dispensaries for undisclosed terms.
- MSO Ayr Wellness bought three dispensaries in Pennsylvania in a deal worth up to $130M.
Bottom line: The widely predicted industry consolidation is happening.
Advocates launch Florida 2022 REC push
Florida legalization supporters are making another attempt to get REC on the 2022 Florida ballot.But there's a catch: The proposed constitutional amendment, which has been approved for signature gathering, would not allow retail sales. Marijuana MomentThe effort by a group called...
Calif. retailer sues state for abetting illicit market
A California retailer is suing the state alleging regulators have allowed criminal to win distribution licenses and divert "untold millions of pounds" of weed to the illicit market. MJBizIt alleges these operators buy huge amounts of legally-grown wholesale product and sell...
Woman charged for cannabis use during pregnancy appeals
A woman put on Arizona's child abuse registry for 25 years for using cannabis during her pregnancy appealed her case last week. Washington PostDuring her pregnancy, Lindsay Ridgell, who then-worked for the Arizona Department of Child Safety(DCS), had been hospitalized twice...