Thank you to our Patreon supporters!
VP Growth and Marketing, Confident Cannabis Confident Cannabis is creating transparency in the cannabis industry.
HelloMD: The largest online community of health and wellness cannabis consumers. HelloMD on Instagram and Facebook
CEO, Critical Mind Inc., Adelanto CA Affiliations: CA State Bar; Board member, Adelanto Growers Association
Critical Mind, Inc. is a Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Manufacturing Facility located in Adelanto, CA. Providing the highest quality Cannabis products. Compliance without Compromise! criticalmindinc.com
Click here to promote your brand on WeedWeek for only $100/month.
Earlier this year, Aurora predicted it would be profitable by EBITDA standards within the year. Last month, the company adjusted their statement to say they were "on track" to profitability. This week, posting a $11.7M EBIDTA loss, Aurora said, "The Company expects adjusted EBITDA to continue to improve."
CEO Terry Booth said the company is "laser focused" on the US CBD market.
MJ Biz Daily
My home province, the most anti-cannabis in the country, has come a long way. A CROP poll commissioned by the Canadian Union of Public Employees found public opinion of cannabis in Quebec has taken a surprising uptick since legalization.
Leafly, CUPE—In French
- A pleasantly unexpected 55% of Quebeckers support legalization, while 45% do not. That's a distinct jump from the 2017 CROP poll which found 40% of Quebeckers were in favour of legalizing and 54% were opposed. (In the rest of Canada, which we Quebeckers call "the ROC," 58% supported legalization.)
Leafly, CROP—In French
- A strong majority (72%) of respondents said legalization had done little or nothing to disturb public order.
- A quarter of Quebeckers have changed their opinions about cannabis since legalization: 8% feel more negatively, while 17% feel more positively.
Though 65% of respondents supported the government plan to raise the legal age from 18 to 21, an even greater number (68%) believed the law would have no impact on cannabis consumption by those between 18 and 21.
- Most Quebeckers (72%) were pleased with the SQDC model, and 66% opposed the sale of cannabis through private retail.
Wellcome Library, London. Wellcome Images email@example.com http://wellcomeimages.org A pharmacist dispensing syropus acetosus in his shop. School of Giovannino de Grassi, Lombary, late 14th century. Miniature late 14th century Theatrum sanitatis Ibn Butlan ('Elluchasem') Published: - Copyrighted work available under Creative Commons Attribution only licence CC BY 4.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Between October 2018 and June of this year, MED sales declined by 25%. Though licensed MED client registrations had been steady for years, since October they've largely stalled.
MJ Biz Daily
- Provinces with the greatest number of REC stores saw the greatest decline in MED sales.
- The chief barrier to MED growth is excise tax, which increased the cost of MED by up to 30%, depending on province.
- Materia CEO Deepak Anand called for governments to enable pharmacy sales of MED and to scrap the taxes.