On Tuesday the City Council of Los Angeles will vote on a series of dramatic recommendations by the Department of Cannabis Regulation. The proposals essentially would reboot the city's licensing structure, transforming the effort to achieve social equity.
MJ Biz Daily
- The June 16 recommendations would approve all current social-equity applicants. On Tuesday the Council also will vote to limit all new storefront retail licenses and delivery licenses to equity applicants until 2025.
- Also on the agenda is a proposal designed to minimize predatory practices in the social-equity program. The recommendation comes as the prominent social-equity company 4thMVMT is weathering allegations that its partnership contracts are “predatory.” Critics claim the DCR inadequately reviewed the company's contracts with program applicants.
Los Angeles Times
- Following up on Cannaclusive's release of the callout database, The Accountability List, co-founder Mary Pryor texted a call to action of more than a thousand words.
- The accused killers of Santa Cruz exec Tushar Atre's were to be arraigned on Friday. The four were arrested five weeks ago in coordinated actions in Burbank, Lancaster and St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
Iosco County News-Herald
- Nineteen people were arrested and more than $1M confiscated from properties in Hemet, San Jacinto, El Monte, Rialto, Rosemead, Arcadia and Calexico. Two tons of bud were also confiscated from what law- enforcement is calling a Chinese ring.