Fresno County Superior Court Judge Rosemary McGuire on Tuesday dismissed the lawsuit seeking to overturn statewide marijuana delivery, but industry watchers are viewing the decision as a small victory brought with daunting possibilities.
- A cluster of small California municipalities asserted that the state's permission of statewide delivery "removes local regulatory power." In her order, Judge McGuire wrote that state law and local ordinances aren't in conflict and said, "this matter is not ripe for adjudication."
- The California Cannabis Industry Association's Josh Drayton said, "it’s going to be up for interpretation moving forward. I don’t think we’re done having this discussion."
- It may not be a big win for the industry.
- Emerald Exchange co-founder Michael Katz is the inaugural executive director of the Mendocino Cannabis Alliance.
- Product producers unable to go organic under the USDA's National Organic Program can look to Sun + Earth, a nonprofit cannabis certification program with support from Dr. Bronner's.
Portland Business Journal
- Contributions from weed-associated figures like Ricky Williams and Nas help make Smoke more than “just another hollow documentary banking on the plight of Black people at the hands of cannabis."