- The industry is especially excited about legal REC in Arizona and New Jersey, two big states which could accelerate legalization in their regions. (In New Jersey, accountants called for the state to waive 280E-related taxes on state returns.)
- South Dakota legalized MED and REC, but Gov. Kristi Noem(R) said it was the "wrong choice" for the state.
- Mississippi voters approved the less restrictive of two MED measures.
- Montanans approved a complementary pair of REC initiatives.
Great Falls Tribune
Just as legalization in New Jersey is widely expected to accelerate the process in New York and Pennsylvania, industry observers think the results have expanded the possibilities for more states to legalize, especially in the Great Plains and southeast.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said the "time is ripe" to legalize.
- In The Hill, NORML activists say weed was the "clear winner" on election night.
The biggest winners on election night were arguably sellers of booze, weed and pizza.
Los Angeles Times