An Arizona judge ruled the state’s upcoming REC vote can remain on the ballot.
Arizona Capitol Times
- Anti-legalization activists had sued claiming the 100-word summary distributed by signature gatherers was misleading.
WeedWeek (July 22)
- Governor Doug Ducey (R) opposes the initiative.
- Maricopa County (Phoenix) superior court judge James Smith, a Ducey appointee wrote “This initiative is plain: It wants to legalize recreational marijuana.”
In other state news:
- In Vermont, which has legal REC, the legislature is moving forward with a push to allow a licensed industry.
- The Nevada Cannabis Compliance Board approved a settlement that partly resolves a lawsuit alleging REC licenses were improperly awarded.
- Despite a push to expand the state’s REC program, Massachusetts regulators have returned millions of dollars to state coffers.
- Michigan’s industry is ????thriving amid the pandemic.
Crain’s Detroit Business
- D.C. residents will vote on decriminalizing psilocybin mushrooms in November.